Monday, September 04, 2006

juxtapose


This is an entry into an art journal for one of the collaborative projects I am in.

This book is Rhonna Farrer's and she choose an old book called "Collage and Contruction" by Harvey Weiss. I find it interesting to look through it since it is the late 1960's/early 1970's equivalent to today's collage and assemblage books. It's fun to see how things have changed and what has stayed the same with materials used in this artform.

I choose to work on a full-page photo of an old collage of a doll and changed it with the face from a cabinet card, paint, and other things.
The facing page was just text and I did wash of walnut ink followed by more paint and a cutout of a model from a Vogue magazine ad.
I had fun with the contrast between to two woman and the limited color palette. This artform gives me such a high!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home