Thursday, May 31, 2007
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
The one about food.....
I am now tagging Amy, Janna, Lainie, Kristy, and Linda. :)
This one is about food! Lately all I think about is brownies! Not chocolate candy; just brownies. Cake brownies. Mmmmmm.
I have been asked to post something the kids will eat or at least something where the odds are better that they will eat them! hee hee That's not so easy for my family. Very Picky!!!
(I do not like fish and the kids don't either, so poor Rob never gets fish for dinner.)
Usually they aren't very excited to eat dinner (Mommy, why don't you make GOOD food?), unless it is pizza or tacos......
or this easy casserole:
Spray 9x13 casserole dish with Pam. Open a can of enchilada sauce (we like Walmart's Red Sauce the best) and coat the bottom of the pan with a little of the sauce. Arrange frozen burritos (or thaw them first in the microwave) in pan and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Cover and bake 350 for about 30-40 minutes, depending on how frozen the burritos were. Enchiladas are done when cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly!
There are rarely leftovers of this....but I usually make myself a regular 'ole bean burrito cuz I just don't like this dish. :O
This is another easy receipe that I make, but does not go over well with my kids:
Chicken Breast Apollo
Leftovers of this chicken is yummy chopped and mixed with a little mayo and made into sandwiches. Make sure to add a little of the liquid into the mixture and get some of the chives in there, too.
Also, good on a mini whole wheat bagel and some fat-free cream cheese. (did you know that fat-free cream cheese has more protein than the light or regular varieties?)
3/4 c. chopped fresh chives
1/2 c. water
3 T lemon juice
2.5 T teriyaki sauce
2 T olive oil, divided
3/4 tsp. dried oregano
3/4 tsp. course-ground black pepper
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
Combine chives, water, lemon juice, teriyaki sauce, 1 T olive oil, oregano, and black pepper. Stir well. Pour 1/4 c. of mixture in a bowl and set aside. Put chicken and remaining mixture into gallon sized zip-lock bag. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
Place chicken on broiler pan that has been coated with remaining olive oil. Broil 7 minutes on each side. Slice chicken into thin slices. Keep warm. Over high heat, warm reserved liquid about 1 minute. Pour over chicken and serve.
Friday, May 25, 2007
The one about Harper's Monthly
Book page for Dawn for her Romancing the Past book. 6.25" x 7.75" collage on paper. Dawn sent the image of the woman from Harper's Monthly to use on the page.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
The one about preschool graduation
Saturday, May 19, 2007
The one about Momma Bird
I am mad at the squirrel, though. I caught him eating my petunia blossoms last week! Maybe he needs more peanuts to keep him fat and happy (and lazy). :)
Friday, May 18, 2007
The one about ArtsyMama's Spring Book
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
The one about Lainie
Thursday, May 10, 2007
The one about Mother's Day
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
The one about the Vintage Paper Swap
so here it is!
To sign up, email me at MemrieMare@emcity.net. Swap sign-up closes end of the day Thursday, May 24th.
This is a vintage paper swap. Ideally the items you send should be old. If something has an old look to it (like a reproduction) then it would be okay to send. Scrapbooking items are okay, just keep them to a minimum since they are readily available.
- Fill a large ziplock bag (8x11 size) with paper goodies of all kinds. I will trade like bags for like bags (size wise). There is no minimum, just use your judgement of what you think of as fair, things you would like to receive in return. If you send junk you will get junk in return. Reproductions are fine, just make sure they are HIGH QUALITY reproductions. Please no muddy or blurry color-copied/printed images
- Put it all in a large manila envelope (I use the 10x13 inch size) along with another envelope (folded in half) addressed to you. The easier you make it for me the quicker I can get your goodies sent back to you. Once I receive everything, I should have it all sent out within one week.
- Include money for postage (the same it cost you to send your envelope to me).
- All envelopes must be postmarked by Thursday May 31st. Email me when you have sent your envelope. I will wait for everyone's envelopes to arrive, but if the deadline has come and gone and you have not sent, I am afraid you will be outta luck. Please send early.
suggestions on what to send:
Book pages with interesting illustrations, wallpaper, postcards, pretty paper, paper lace, postage stamps, pages of text from books (sepia-toned pages are really fun), old photos, bird illustrations. Text book pages such as math, spelling, botany, zoology, astronomy, ect. Greeting cards, Victorian scrap, wrapping paper, tissue paper, labels of all kinds, maps, paper dolls, tickets, newspapers, game cards, sewing patterns, anything with words or letters, sheet music, legder pages, catalog pages, pages from children's books, magazine pages, photo album pages, letters and envelopes, cancelled checks, receipts, anything with beautiful images...pretty much anything neat made out of paper!
Monday, May 07, 2007
The one about the squirrel
Saturday, May 05, 2007
The one about the calendar yesterday
The one about celebrating
Thursday, May 03, 2007
The one about getting tagged!!
I nominate these 5 blogs for the Thinking Blogger Award:
my long-time friend Carin (her posts are fun to read and she needs to post more often)
Dina Wakely (she's a hoot!)
Ashley Calder (I love to read her descriptions of things in life and she also writes poetry)
Kimberly Kwan (funny MIL stories!)
Nathalie (her blog is loaded with fun demos and tutorials)
7 weird things about me, which isn't hard since I am admittedly strange and enjoy it. :) I did a layout last year about it for Designing With Color.
- Getting jewelry for my birthday, Christmas, or anniversaries is boring.
- I sometimes eat PB with either cheese or fried baloney on my sandwiches.
- I don't like watermelon. When I eat orange sections, I spent a lot of time picking off every little bit of membrane and "chaff" that I can before I eat it.
- I think reality tv is stupid
- I don't like big clunky shoes and large vehicles (minivans, SUVs). I think it is because I am trying to avoid looking bigger in any way.
- I am a neat sleeper. When I get out of bed, it barely looks like its been slept in.
- I find it hard to beat around the bush. I will usually just blurt out what I want to say (see #4).