Saturday, May 19, 2007

The one about Momma Bird


This is Momma Bird. Every spring a bird couple (maybe the same couple??) builds a nest under our deck. It's been that way four of the last five years since we moved in. I haven't seen Daddy Bird this year; I hope nothing bad happened to him. I think the baby birds have hatched because Momma bird has been busy lately. I've seen her bringing bug after bug to the nest. Sometimes she lets me see her sitting in the nest. Most times she flies away to sit at one of her watching spots to wait for me to leave.
I am mad at the squirrel, though. I caught him eating my petunia blossoms last week! Maybe he needs more peanuts to keep him fat and happy (and lazy). :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should give your bird couple names. When my kids were little we named the male cardinals "Henry" and the females "Louise". My kids are 28 and 25 and they still call all cardinals by those names. Linda in Kingwood,Texas

12:17 PM, May 20, 2007  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

We've had lots of birds around this year. We put a bird feeder out and I swear they are just pigs with wings. No nests that we have seen this year though. Lots of couples. Its pretty fun, I think I will try to get some pix.

Darn squirrels!!

I am working on my paper packs!! Just started today!

12:10 AM, May 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marilyn... this is such a sweet post. Good for you for taking the time to notice such a lovely thing. As for squirrels, our has has millions because our IDIOT next door neighbor feeds them peanuts 24/7. If they ever find him dead one day with a mouth full of peanuts, I could be in trouble! lol

9:54 AM, May 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home