Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The one about the Vintage Paper Swap


Okay....
so here it is!
To sign up, email me at
MemrieMare@emcity.net. Swap sign-up closes end of the day Thursday, May 24th.

This is a vintage paper swap. Ideally the items you send should be old. If something has an old look to it (like a reproduction) then it would be okay to send. Scrapbooking items are okay, just keep them to a minimum since they are readily available.


have fun!


  1. Fill a large ziplock bag (8x11 size) with paper goodies of all kinds. I will trade like bags for like bags (size wise). There is no minimum, just use your judgement of what you think of as fair, things you would like to receive in return. If you send junk you will get junk in return. Reproductions are fine, just make sure they are HIGH QUALITY reproductions. Please no muddy or blurry color-copied/printed images

  2. Put it all in a large manila envelope (I use the 10x13 inch size) along with another envelope (folded in half) addressed to you. The easier you make it for me the quicker I can get your goodies sent back to you. Once I receive everything, I should have it all sent out within one week.

  3. Include money for postage (the same it cost you to send your envelope to me).

  4. All envelopes must be postmarked by Thursday May 31st. Email me when you have sent your envelope. I will wait for everyone's envelopes to arrive, but if the deadline has come and gone and you have not sent, I am afraid you will be outta luck. Please send early.

suggestions on what to send:


Book pages with interesting illustrations, wallpaper, postcards, pretty paper, paper lace, postage stamps, pages of text from books (sepia-toned pages are really fun), old photos, bird illustrations. Text book pages such as math, spelling, botany, zoology, astronomy, ect. Greeting cards, Victorian scrap, wrapping paper, tissue paper, labels of all kinds, maps, paper dolls, tickets, newspapers, game cards, sewing patterns, anything with words or letters, sheet music, legder pages, catalog pages, pages from children's books, magazine pages, photo album pages, letters and envelopes, cancelled checks, receipts, anything with beautiful images...pretty much anything neat made out of paper!

11 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Gilley said...

Oh, I am so in!

11:52 PM, May 08, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am ALL over this!
Great idea, Marilyn!

6:05 PM, May 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you give junk you will get junk. Marilyn....keeping it real! LOVE that!!! So, yes, I am "in". :) Can't wait!

8:23 PM, May 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too! can't wait...thanks for the opportunity.

8:34 PM, May 09, 2007  
Blogger Maria said...

I just emailed you. This is gonna be fun. Thanks for hosting.

11:13 PM, May 09, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

I am seriously thinking of joining in this excellent idea!! I will survey my stash this weekend and see what I can part with and then email you soon with the verdict! Just wanted you to know that I love this idea!

7:02 PM, May 10, 2007  
Blogger Anastasia said...

would love to join in!!!

12:33 AM, May 11, 2007  
Blogger janna said...

I emailed you!!!
I want to on the swap!!!

8:00 AM, May 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just sent you an email, I would love to play along!
~Cerri

5:18 PM, May 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh.. how sad.. I missed the deadline to sign up?

boo hoo... :-(

3:49 PM, May 25, 2007  
Blogger secretleaves said...

Oh, Ann and I are so sorry we missed this! If you do it again, let us know!

Sharon
Secret Leaves paperworks

8:20 PM, May 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home