Thursday, May 31, 2007

The one about sweet Leona


The packages for the Vintage Paper Swap are really coming in now! It's fun to get packages everyday....seeing what others have collected. I have several neat stacks of boxes and envelopes already in my studio.

This little girl arrived today in one of the envelopes. Her name is written on the back in faded old-fashioned swoopy penmanship: Leona.

My memory is shot and I can't remember who's envelope it came from. But my heart just goes out to her. Why the sad face? I instantly wanted to hug Leona. I think I need to use a color-copied image of her and put her in a happy situation.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna Layton said...

Poor Leona. Yes, you do need to paint happiness around her. I wonder what her life was like?? Little girls shouldn't be sad.

9:11 PM, June 01, 2007  
Blogger Tammy Gilley said...

Yes, quickly, get Leona a slice of chocolate cake or a banana split! (she said as she begrudgingly munched on her 197th celery stalk of the day!)

9:57 PM, June 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, i`m to late. Its a great idea for a swap

7:26 AM, June 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leona certainly does need a hug, doesn't she?

I absolutely love your collages, by the way! Thanks for stopping by my little place of the web and leaving such a nice comment. Yeay, now I have another page to visit every day! :-)

8:18 PM, June 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home