Monday, September 18, 2006

The one about Decadence and Excess

Okay, so I have been really liking this art style all year. Grunge combined with Victorian engraved images and swirls, decorative fonts and baroque drawings.

Last month I found a book at B&N on the subject and learned it's name: Maximalism. Then, this month in Somerset Studio, one of my favorite artists, Michelle Ward, has an article on the subject. Turns out, she loves Maximalism, too! I can't wait to get my hands on her new line of stamps that reflect this trend!

4 Comments:

Blogger carlene federer said...

OK, I *heart* Maximalism too...it's SOOO my thing! Read the Somerset article too...I was like, So THAT'S what it's called! LOL! Is the book good? Do I "need" it?

1:35 AM, September 21, 2006  
Blogger Babsarella said...

I am loving that new line of stamps too and have 3 sheets already ordered, waiting for arrival to my mailbox!

12:29 PM, September 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ordered three sheets...am waiting...trying to be patient...love Michelle's new work.

7:23 PM, September 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marilyn - thanks for the mention - and for spreading the Maximalism love. Some other great books covering the "look" we like are Illusive, and Installationview. (I have links to them on my site)

6:34 PM, October 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home