Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The one about Finding Junk



Last week Savannah's school schedule was a little different and it left me with two mornings all to myself. One of those mornings I went to DI in search of old books with interesting covers. Didn't really find some neat book covers, but I did find some old books that will be fun to alter and play in. One of them was a funny book from the 1960's called, "So You Want To Raise A Boy?" Another neat one was an old book on how to sew. The others I bought for their age and for the interesting end papers. I also found a box of chemistry cards, yellowed sheet music, some mini frames and numbers tiles from a game.

4 Comments:

Blogger janna said...

Love to go junk hunting at DI!!

My kids love it too.

7:43 PM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger janna said...

Love to go junk hunting at DI!!

My kids love it too.

7:43 PM, September 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

S.C.O.R.E! What a great find! Makes me want to call in sick from work tomorrow and go scout around our local antique/book stores! I can hardly wait to see what magic you make with them!

7:48 PM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger Laura Moncur said...

Marilyn,

Thanks to the link to my DI entry. You used it for exactly what I wrote it for. I realize that there are people out there who don't really know what the DI is, so I wanted to have an easy entry to link to when I talked about.

Looks like you got some great finds!

Laura Moncur

3:06 PM, September 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home