Thursday, October 26, 2006

The one about the ledger pages


...must
...find
...ledger pages!

I have been on a hunt for a really good vintage ledger for almost two years now. I am cheap and didn't want to pay the prices they go for on eBay (for the good ones; really old with beautiful handwriting) but it has become obvious I ain't gonna find one around here.

so..I have a few ledger pages and I used a small section of one. Here's a quick gift I made for an internet friend...and I ended up covering up most of the darn ledger page!

M for mother

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lo is beautiful. You can see just enough of the ledger page to make it interesting. I love the design.

Anonymous

7:04 AM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger janna said...

Awesome

10:56 PM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger Shari said...

I haord the ledger pages too, always on the look out but I figure I have to USE them!! You can still see the beautiful writing on this peeking out.. a lovely gift.

12:53 AM, October 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love good ledger paper- i can relate... i bought a great library ledger book a year ago. i've used it -simply put- a lot!
i'm always inspired with your work
slm

7:54 AM, October 28, 2006  
Blogger Debbie said...

wow this is amazing marilyn!!

10:55 AM, October 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marilyn...this piece is gorgeous. The photo of the mother and children is just so precious. Your friend will love it!

10:16 AM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger Debbie Overton said...

Marilyn, This is beautiful. Your friend will love it. I love ledger pages too. I have a book that I just happened upon that is a little over 5 inches thick and I use it like there is no tomorrow. Debbie O

8:19 PM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger Babsarella said...

Gorgeous!!! LOVE IT!!!

9:22 PM, November 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home