Friday, December 29, 2006

The one about the ledger calendar

I have been hibernating. Hibernation mode. It is hard to get back into things after Christmas and birthdays and stuff. Tomorrow is Bobby's 14th birthday. He's so excited he can barely stand it.

I haven't been up here in my studio for almost a week. I haven't felt like working or doing much of anything. I see that Amelia has been up here, though. She left her blankie next to my desk and my lint roller is in my ficus tree pot.


For Christmas my sister gave me this really neat calendar I have been wanting. When I opened the present I said, "how did you know!!!" Duh. Amazon wish list I emailed her in October.

I know someone mentioned this on her blog a while back, but I can't remember who it was. She had the idea to alter this book. I wanna do that to. Try to do some artwork on one page a week kind of thing. Each spread has a neat bird quote and that could be something to go off of. I could also write a few things that happened that week. That's about all the journaling in actual words, that I can stand to do!


I learned something new today. The term "the big cheese" refers to a person who could afford the whole wheel of cheese, instead of just a portion. Back in the days when you bought cheese in a wheel, of course....

6 Comments:

Blogger beth said...

Guess what ??? Heather, Laura and I all have this book, too !!! Yippee, how fun that we will all be playing in them !!!!!

8:57 AM, December 30, 2006  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

I have this calendar! I love it and just started writing my commitments in it.. in pencil. I think it is so pretty and I am sure I will either alter it or cut it up or something after I use it up. My challenge to myself this year is to do some art journaling in my pristine 5 x 7 Mokeskin.

Happy New year!

5:50 PM, December 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been doing the hibernating too! I had to get the same journal calendar and the other one, with butterflies, too. That's a great idea to alter them. They are too beautiful to just sit on a shelf. Would love to see what you do in yours. Happy New Year to you and your family!

8:02 AM, December 31, 2006  
Blogger Babsarella said...

I am finally getting back to blogging and participating again. What a busy season!! I got this same calendar and I just love it!! I started using it for my TO DO list, but will probably do some drawing and adding a photo or too as well. Maybe even layer on top of the writing once the year is over.

10:15 PM, January 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marilyn is this not the best thing in the world I was so excited when I found this at Border's last week.

9:53 PM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger MarilynH said...

test

4:21 PM, March 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home