Monday, January 15, 2007

The one about the new canvases

My canvases came today! I had ordered 20 canvases from Blick. They are having a sale to get rid of the old style Blick canvases. So I got a pack of ten 16x20 and ten 6x12. I like to work BIG!


I started this piece a couple weeks ago but had to put it aside for some deadlines----I can't wait to get back to it before I forget was I was doing. lol Its a little bigger than 12x12 done on a scrapbook album cover. The album had come apart and I was going to throw it away, but decided I could collage on it instead. I have also saved a few shoebox lids. Help me! I've become a pack rat!

(The little girl with her finger in her mouth is me!)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I love new canvas. And I love the glimpse of your piece in progress...looks awesome.

5:11 PM, January 15, 2007  
Blogger Babsarella said...

Have fun with your new canvases. Can't wait to see your finished piece and all the loveliness you will be creating on canvas!

2:17 PM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Kristy C said...

Wow-thanks for the tip! I needed to restock my 6x6 canvases and I just bought a bunch of larger ones today before I saw your post. darn it!LOL
Oh well..........

GREAT looking canvas there! I love its texture. I am such a sucker for texture!

4:33 PM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

cute little you. I can't wait to see the big version of this. Looks soo cool.

7:55 PM, January 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the completed piece. Would love to do some larger canvases. And welcome to the ever growing group of pack rats. Have fun!!

8:03 AM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger carlene federer said...

this looks like it's gonna be awesome Marilyn! make sure you post it when it's all done!

9:22 AM, January 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh what a cutie you are in that photo snip. This looks like it's about to be something really yummy!

3:01 PM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger primdollie said...

well I see you will be one busy girl!!! and love the piece you have started look forward to seeing that completed it will be wonderful!!! and your girls are just adorable!!! and oh yuck Viennna sausages are gross!!! hehehe!! but someone has to like them they have been around forever!!! hehehe! Hugs Linda

6:06 PM, January 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is too cool girl! can't wait to see it in full view when you get back to it!!
steph

7:19 PM, January 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home