Monday, February 05, 2007

The one about the beach





We spent the last week in Hawaii. Neither of us had been to Hawaii before. Rob chose to visit the Big Island for it's volcanoes and the observatory on Mauna Kea.
The best day was the afternoon on the beach. The Big Island has very few white sand beaches. This was one of them. I got bumped around by the waves pretty good and am still sore in spots, including a sprained thumb. Darn ocean filled up my suit with over half a cup of sand while it knocked me over and pushed me to shore. It was very fun though; playing in the ocean in January.
We sat on our towels and relaxed. I drew in my sketchbook, desperately missing my art supplies at home. It has been so long since I drew anything freehand. I need to do that more often.

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

FAB-U-LOUS! Lucky duckie.. I am so jealous. I have never been to Hawaii, yet! I am glad you had a nice time and hope you got a nice "break" too.

12:25 AM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Kristi said...

I am feeling a little green myself- but how incredibly fun for you guys!! Did your kids come too? I love that you brought your sketchbook along- your sketch is beautiful!

7:33 AM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Hey! Welcome back!!! Glad you had a good trip!!!

I am looking forward to that new Foofala book you are going to be in!!!!

7:24 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger carlene federer said...

Hope you had a great vacation!

10:13 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Ruth Rae said...

You were on the cost line where I spent the first 16 years of my life! What a wonderful trip you must of have! I am sure all the contrast of colors and natural elements have effected your artist scents!

9:28 AM, February 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home