Friday, February 09, 2007

The one about the four-leaf clover


The other day I found this pressed between the pages of one of the old books I have. The book is nearly 100 years old and I bought it off eBay. I wonder of this means I am lucky?

When I was a kid living in North Carolina, we would sit in the clover patches that grew in the lawns around our apartment buildings. The game was to find a four-leaf clover, which we did more often than you would expect. Sometimes we would find a clover with five leaves.

5 Comments:

Blogger Clare said...

well - if the clover itself isn't lucky - then finding it in the book certainly is! :D

12:25 PM, February 10, 2007  
Blogger Babsarella said...

What a WONDERFUL find!!! LUCKY YOU!

10:28 AM, February 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should frame it just like that! Way cool.

1:23 PM, February 12, 2007  
Blogger A Little Time said...

Oh cool is that!!

We used to do the same thing as kids. :)

7:03 PM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

What a great find! It's that kind of thing that really spark my imagination. What does it mean? Is it a sign?? Where from???

When I was in Canada some time back I was sat in an orchard - and found, to my surprise, that I was sat in a whole patch of four leaf clovers! I'd never seen one before or since!

5:18 PM, March 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home