Saturday, March 03, 2007

The one about the ribbons


I finally got my book put together and sent it off this morning. I am in need of some different ribbons. Old, faded, soft, crumpled, silk-looking yummy ribbons. Like the ones Lesley Riley uses all the time. Mine are too bright and patterned and perfect and scrapbooky (not that there's anything wrong with that). I just need yards and yards of Victorian kind of ribbon.
I have a little bit of the kind that 7 Gypsies used to make. I liked that stuff...

The brooch on the cover of the book was supposed to be a pale green. I added a little bit of acrylic paint to the Diamond Glaze that fills the center. It turned dark as it dried and then got darker still. Sort of like one of those Magic 8 Balls. lol
Do I like the look?
All signs point to yes!


Inside the hardened glaze are French words that say Candy and Paper Maker.


6 Comments:

Blogger Nicole - Small Treasures said...

what a great blog. Very inspiring work! *Nicole

6:52 AM, March 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like old ribbons too. If I don't have what I want, sometimes I'll put new ribbons into a tea bath to age them alittle. Sometimes though, I do like bright, crisp colors depending on my project. I do love your images.

12:26 PM, March 04, 2007  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Oh its yummy. I will see if I have any suitably tattered ribbons for you. I love the green glaze!!

9:21 PM, March 04, 2007  
Blogger Barbara said...

it inspirates me more and more.!!!
Grates Barbara

3:24 PM, March 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh I have this in my hands and am working on it right now and can I say that I might have to keep it??? he he !!

9:34 PM, March 06, 2007  
Blogger Kristen Robinson said...

Marilyn so this is so lovely, so sweet and feminine!

XO
Kristen

11:01 AM, March 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home