Monday, April 02, 2007

The one about the art journal page


There is something about a new book of paper that I find hard to resist. For as long as I can remember I have been this way. I new notebook, a package of construction paper, a ream of typing paper (I guess now it's called copier paper). When I was about 9 years old I would buy a pad of blank paper from the stationery aisle, about 7x10 in size, and just draw and color in it.
I have a few sketchbooks already but threw another one into my shopping cart when ordering more gel medium online at Blick.com. This one has cold press watercolor paper alternating with sketch paper.

Everyone seems to be into eggs and birds lately, and I like 'em, too.

I did this using all the scraps on my desk left over from other projects. just playing around.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

this is beautiful! i wish i could make things like this with my scraps!

6:36 PM, April 02, 2007  
Blogger Shari Schwarz said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words! I have lurked on your blog in the past and love your work! I especially love this piece...all the details!

XO Shari

8:04 PM, April 02, 2007  
Blogger Jill said...

Wow! Lordy! Jeepers! Gee Whiz! Amazing! Astounding! Beautiful! Gorgeous!
This is just beautiful!

9:41 PM, April 02, 2007  
Blogger turningwheelfarm said...

Very pretty! And I have those bird scraps too from Somerset studio a year or so ago maybe :)

1:43 PM, April 03, 2007  
Blogger Judy Scott said...

I love your scraps!!!!

2:11 AM, April 04, 2007  
Blogger Julie Collings said...

great gorgeous blue egg!
wonderful new book, i like the shape, sweet and long.

12:16 PM, April 04, 2007  
Blogger Sooz said...

oh so beautiful! I am the same way about papers, journals, notebooks, new pencils and pens and crayons and markers...guess it's all about the wonderful anticipation of losing oneself in the process of creating....nothing beats it!
love your "scraps!" (more like treasures!)

7:09 PM, April 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home