Friday, April 13, 2007

The one about last night

Everyone needs an art group.
Everyone needs an art group like mine!
This was my second time with my new friends. A bunch of local mixed-media artists who meet up once a week to have dinner and play. I totally blew my diet.

Most of us bought Vintage Milk Paint from Kathy who did a demo and showed us how cool this stuff really is to use in mixed media! Julie, the bargain junk shopping queen, is going to use the milk paint as a final layer on the neatest vintage box she made. It is full of small pieces of spring-y artwork. Can't wait to see it again!

For June, Candice is putting together an art retreat in Park City with one of the classes taught by Misty Mawn! I'll be at Sparkle Bella that same time, but there are still spots available for more than just our small group. More info to come.

Last night's project was address books. We all brought an altered book or sketch book that we passed around to add artwork and our contact info. Here are the two entries into my book.


Of course, we didn't finish and will be doing it again next month. Yeah!
I didn't finish my cover but here is what I have so far.



10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just have this, thats all?!!!!!!!-Lilia and Julie is the best swapper ever-oh thats all!!!!!!oops your pages are to die for and thats about it!

7:11 PM, April 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squeeeeeeling with delight! You are so lucky to have a group to get together with! What a great book you started!

6:00 AM, April 14, 2007  
Blogger carlene federer said...

What fun to have your own "big-girls-play-group"! Love the book!

10:53 AM, April 14, 2007  
Blogger Kari said...

These are gorgeous!!!! Lovin' the colors. My daughters birthday today was all about pink and seafoam green:) Definitely going to try some of that milk paint. Lovely!!!!
Kari

7:08 PM, April 14, 2007  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

WOW, this is such a cool idea! I have been thinking I need to update my rolodex and was thinking of having a rolodex card swap but I love this artsy address book. Yay. The cover is gorgeous already. Lucky you to have an art group to play with!!!

1:04 AM, April 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That house is the cutest thing ever! Love it! :)

3:33 PM, April 17, 2007  
Blogger primdollie said...

Oh wow how fun and what awesome art!!!! and sounds like more great things to come with Misty and all the goodies!!!! wish I had an art group like that too!!!!! have fun!! Hugs Linda

5:02 PM, April 17, 2007  
Blogger Julie Collings said...

what cool stuff you have going on your blog! did you change the background color? everything feels like spring.

i love the pictures you posted. i wondered how to post the address book pages without posting addresses and phone numbers, you came up with the perfect solution! can't wait to see your cover finished and have you do a page in my book.

happy day i saw you on lilias blog and now you are in our art group!

xo julie

12:49 PM, April 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok.....this book is just out of control fabulous!! Love it to bits and bits!!!! My goodness!!!

Eye candy deeluxx!! Cannot wait to see more!!


Enjoy your weekend!!!
xoxo Jenny

10:54 PM, May 12, 2007  
Blogger Donna Layton said...

Oh, what a wonderful idea. How nice to have a local group to play with. This book reminds me that I need to spend more time with my art journal. I'm a much better artist when I'm journaling. Not sure why, but it's true. Maybe I'll think about why, then blog about it!

10:33 PM, May 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home