Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The one about the really cool artwork


When Savannah was little, she needed some testing done at Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake, so we found ourselves there a few times a year. The hospital's main hall was long and lined with framed and matted artwork created by kids. This one was always my favorite. The silver plaque naming the little artist also gives the age----only six years old! To me, the painting looks like it was done by someone well acquainted with watercolors. I know it's not a realistic rendering of a cat, but that's what I like about it. That's what I LOVE about art. We have cameras if you want photo-realism. :) I need to see the artists mark in their work. I love this little child's technique! wow.
I read on Sue's blog the other day about kids art and it made me think of this picture. She has some neat kids art on her blog right now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Babsarella said...

This was done by a 6 year old??? Dang. I wish I could create like that!!! That artist is INCREDIBLE!

7:47 AM, April 04, 2007  
Blogger Kristy C said...

what a GREAT painting! and wow-by a 6 year old! just amazing!

4:00 PM, April 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home