Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The one about my Arizona weekend


You know when you see pics of these kinds of events and wish you could be there? It was a dream come true for me this weekend! Kim Kwan was the master of arrangements for the event and the entire weekend the four of us enjoyed. I have yet to find anything Kim isn't good at. :) She was so on the ball I wasn't left wanting any of the time.

It
was
perfect.

I arrived Thursday around noon and Kim and I played all afternoon. Went to lunch at Sacks, searched through an antique mall until our eyes turned to mush, stopped by
Domestic Bliss and Mystic Paper (love that name!!) and met Kim, one of the owners. Check out their store blog for a super-flattering photo of me!!! Woo hoo!!

Kim had arranged a meet and greet for Friday morning at Melrose Vintage.

I have a few photos of that cute store, but Teresa's are much more exciting. See hers here. I also got to meet Dina, Tena, and Lilia!!
We did a bunch more shopping at places I can only dream about, then off to lunch at My Florist Cafe.

We ended the day meeting Cori for dinner at Kim's favorite Mexican restaurant in Scottsdale,
Los Sombreros. They have beautiful terrace dinning, that had Teresa and I looking at each other, balking at the thoughts of eating out in the heat. But the mist system they have set-up in the shade of their beautiful terrace made it ever so nice!

6 Comments:

Blogger deb said...

so glad it was such a success! So much talent all in one place! I'm loving looking at everyone's pictures because I couldn't make it. sniff sniff.

11:03 AM, June 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures! Looks like you all had a great time shop hopping. Miss Kim Kwan did a wonderful job indeed. I still feel the sprinkling spell of all the talent, that I was surrounded with. I posted yesterday as anonymous.

Have a good day, Marilyn!
Karla

12:26 PM, June 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like such great fun.
The book, by the way, is fabulous! I picked it up yesterday and have just read it to pieces. You did a remarkable job and such a great group of talent.
c

10:22 AM, June 28, 2007  
Blogger Tammy Gilley said...

what fun, fun, fun this looks like!! am so sad you and i won't meet up at SB, but i KNOW our paths will cross somewhere...xoxotg

11:27 PM, June 28, 2007  
Blogger Julie Collings said...

marilyn,
such fabulous photos of a perfect event. i loved the picture mystic paper posted of you! you are gorgeous.
everything sounds just wonderful, i can't wait to hear more about your weekend and see your work in foof-a-life.
xo julie

8:46 PM, June 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,

It was a pleasure meeting you and teaching together at Sparkle.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Carolyn

12:00 AM, June 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home