Friday, June 29, 2007

The one about the altered book







I got a box of the Autumn Leaves' new book, The Foof-A-Life, earlier in the week! It was about time there was a book headed up by Teresa McFabulous! It was great working with her---hope we get to do it again! It was her idea to use seed packets to make a book.
Foof-A-Life is full of pretty things---even the cover is beautiful.
One of my favorite projects for the book was this small altered book that I made. Space was limited in Foof-A-Life and only one of the spreads, of like 24 spreads, was shown. So I am posting the whole altered book in my Flickr photostream. The pretty rubber stamp words and scrolls are from Purple Onion Designs. And who doesn't like showing pics of their kids??? That was the gratifying part of creating this altered book--using pics of my own. Now, I wasn't playing favorites by using more pics of my girls than my boys--it's just the girls are a lot more cooperative in the photo-taking department! My boys just run out of the room. LOL

16 Comments:

Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

This is sooo beautiful!!!! Totally love the design!!!!

6:08 AM, June 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That book was AWESOME. You KNOW I loved it so much. We've only waited 2 years to do that cute seed packet book, huh?! I love and treasure how easily you and I work together!!!

6:32 AM, June 30, 2007  
Blogger mia_mi said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Love the colors

6:39 AM, June 30, 2007  
Blogger deb said...

love it marilyn! I just e-mailed my lss saying I NEED the new foof book. :)

6:54 AM, June 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your book is gorgeous...I love it!

8:21 AM, June 30, 2007  
Blogger LindaSonia said...

Your altered book is FABULOUS. What a treat for the eyes. It's gorgeous!

8:54 AM, June 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your book is awesome! Heather ales is mailing me a copy from texas. yeah me. i can't find it anywhere.
o well just a few more days till i get my hands on it. or should i say glittered hands,
jessi nagy

www.scrappyjessi.blogspot.com

10:52 AM, June 30, 2007  
Blogger Dede Warren said...

LoVe youR book Marilyn!! I think you should teach an altered book class, yup, I sure do. That's what I think!! THANKS for posting all the great photos on flickr, right into my favs they go!

11:17 AM, June 30, 2007  
Blogger Kari said...

Gorgeous book, Marilyn! WOW!!!
Kari

6:53 AM, July 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the book...but then I LoVE EverYThinG that you do...it was so nice to meet you in person at Sparkle Bella!!! Annette

11:44 AM, July 01, 2007  
Blogger Sooz said...

Oh this is so beautiful. Love the colors and the flowers with the button centers and the layers....I wanna be a SPARKLE BELLA CHICK!

8:36 PM, July 01, 2007  
Blogger Sooz said...

Oh this is so beautiful. Love the colors and the flowers with the button centers and the layers....I wanna be a SPARKLE BELLA CHICK!

8:36 PM, July 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting additional photo's. I got my book last week and your little altered book was probably one of my fav pieces in there (cause I love little books) and it was great to see the remaining photo's.
Just gorgeous.
thnaks,
cindy

8:57 PM, July 01, 2007  
Blogger Tautchia said...

Marilyn - this book is delicious! I'm heading over to flickr right now to drool over the rest of it.

Whatcha wanna bet that every page ends up in my faves? LOL!

10:45 PM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Thanks for sharing all the extra pics of your amazing altered book and house with us. It's a dream come true to actually see an entire project that's featured in a book. Quick question regarding construction of the book ~ when you tipped the pages into the book, did you adhere one of those 1-inch page stubs to both the front and back of the page you were adding?

9:04 AM, July 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favorite projects from the book too, Marilyn! It is gorgeous!!!

7:48 AM, July 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home