Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The one about the diet update


Giant Microbes just announced their new releases. Fat Cell is one of them. He's a cute little thing. He ain't in real life, though.
I have officially lost 20 pounds! I am 1/3 of the way there. I was measured and weighed at
Contours again yesterday and while there is progress, it is still very slow. I have found that after weeks of honest dieting with no results, cheating is often the way to get that body to let go of a few pounds. whatever.



I bought myself a present for the 20 pound mark! Artwork from Nancy Baumiller. When I showed my kids what I had purchased, they just rolled their eyes.

This guy is still with us, unfortunately. Savannah had a relapse last night and was throwing up again. Weird little bug.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lain said...

Congreatulations, my dear! That is so terrific. And I am glad that you are rewarding yourself. Yippee!

3:30 PM, July 31, 2007  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. I need to do the same. The worst part for me is getting started.

3:39 PM, July 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pmsl those microbes are so cute!!

4:17 PM, July 31, 2007  
Blogger Kim Caldwell said...

Congrats Marilyn! I love your gift to yourself and am seriously NOT rolling my eyes! Love your humor!

10:33 PM, July 31, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

hooray for YOU!
I know how you have worked so hard...it gets FRUSTRATING, but slow and steady wins the race...AND, I think a more gradual loss (for us any way) means lifestyle changes that are actually "do-able"

I am proud of you and I love your 20 pound reward!!

8:45 AM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Laura Bray said...

Congrats on the weightloss. Unfortunately, I understand your struggle all too well!

9:28 AM, August 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your success!! It is so hard to lose weight because you are dealing with so many areas of your life (activity, self-control, addictions, long held habits, etc.) at the same time. And it is hard to change just one thing at a time! I am so proud of you for just sticking to it! Although, I am a firm believer in if you crave something desperately, you better have it because the longer you deny it, when you finally do break down, it will be a lot uglier ;-) Or maybe that's just me.... Hang in there and most of all: be patient, you're doing great!

11:43 AM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Tammy Gilley said...

Congratulations! That's got to feel great!! Yay you!

2:33 PM, August 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Marilyn!

What a fun reward gift to yourself!

9:46 PM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Freer Family said...

WOOHOO!!! COngrats on your wight loss Marilyn! That is such a major accomplishment. I'm glad you rewarded yourself, you deserve it!

9:08 AM, August 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home