Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The one about the diet update


Giant Microbes just announced their new releases. Fat Cell is one of them. He's a cute little thing. He ain't in real life, though.
I have officially lost 20 pounds! I am 1/3 of the way there. I was measured and weighed at
Contours again yesterday and while there is progress, it is still very slow. I have found that after weeks of honest dieting with no results, cheating is often the way to get that body to let go of a few pounds. whatever.



I bought myself a present for the 20 pound mark! Artwork from Nancy Baumiller. When I showed my kids what I had purchased, they just rolled their eyes.

This guy is still with us, unfortunately. Savannah had a relapse last night and was throwing up again. Weird little bug.

10 Comments:

Blogger ScrapHappy said...

Congreatulations, my dear! That is so terrific. And I am glad that you are rewarding yourself. Yippee!

3:30 PM, July 31, 2007  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. I need to do the same. The worst part for me is getting started.

3:39 PM, July 31, 2007  
Anonymous debbie said...

pmsl those microbes are so cute!!

4:17 PM, July 31, 2007  
Blogger Kim Caldwell said...

Congrats Marilyn! I love your gift to yourself and am seriously NOT rolling my eyes! Love your humor!

10:33 PM, July 31, 2007  
Blogger kimberlykwan said...

hooray for YOU!
I know how you have worked so hard...it gets FRUSTRATING, but slow and steady wins the race...AND, I think a more gradual loss (for us any way) means lifestyle changes that are actually "do-able"

I am proud of you and I love your 20 pound reward!!

8:45 AM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger katydiddy said...

Congrats on the weightloss. Unfortunately, I understand your struggle all too well!

9:28 AM, August 01, 2007  
Anonymous debra cooper said...

Congratulations on your success!! It is so hard to lose weight because you are dealing with so many areas of your life (activity, self-control, addictions, long held habits, etc.) at the same time. And it is hard to change just one thing at a time! I am so proud of you for just sticking to it! Although, I am a firm believer in if you crave something desperately, you better have it because the longer you deny it, when you finally do break down, it will be a lot uglier ;-) Or maybe that's just me.... Hang in there and most of all: be patient, you're doing great!

11:43 AM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Tammy said...

Congratulations! That's got to feel great!! Yay you!

2:33 PM, August 01, 2007  
Anonymous Carolyn Peeler said...

Way to go Marilyn!

What a fun reward gift to yourself!

9:46 PM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Freer Family said...

WOOHOO!!! COngrats on your wight loss Marilyn! That is such a major accomplishment. I'm glad you rewarded yourself, you deserve it!

9:08 AM, August 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home