Friday, July 20, 2007

The one about the new background




My art group met last night and I forgot to take my camera again. We had loads of fun! I can't work much outside of my studio, but I did get this board started. I am not sure where it will end up; it will probably get more layering added before I am finished. I like the ribbons running through the whole thing. Making backgrounds is my favorite---I should just do a pile of them. Made on a 12x12 piece of chipboard. Magazine scraps, gesso, ribbon, watered-down ink, charcoal pencil, book pages.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

marilyn1
you amaze me with these! they are beautiful as usual!

9:59 AM, July 21, 2007  
Blogger Dede Warren said...

Fab ~U~ Looso!!! lovin these... I'm thinking these would make great papers!!

10:46 PM, July 21, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Making backgrounds is the one thing I struggle with MOST...will you please teach me??! I so envy your freedom with the layers and your natural instict...always looks so wonderful!

11:35 PM, July 21, 2007  
Blogger Helle Greer said...

Amazing!!! Stunning!!! I LOVE IT...
So free and so cool as Dede said this should be made into paper.
You Rock!!!
Smiles,
helle

9:26 AM, July 23, 2007  
Blogger Laura Bray said...

I struggle with backgrounds. I think I have trouble letting go-I'm a control freak. Great work.

10:15 AM, July 23, 2007  
Blogger Babsarella said...

Beautiful!!! What a great start to a fabulous collage!!!

8:01 AM, July 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOHH you really let loose with this background. LOVE what you did esp. with the ribbons :) Dreamy!

5:32 AM, July 30, 2007  
Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

ohhh boy- I would so love to take a class with you!!!!

10:50 AM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger Lee Weber said...

how fun, I really love this look but can't quite figure it out...How about a tutorial on your blog?? please please?

3:19 PM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger CassandraRussell said...

i've been doing this with bookpapers lately. your post inspires me to add a couple more layers...cheers, cassandra


http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5359927

9:43 PM, March 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home