Friday, July 13, 2007

The one about the new lens




I haven't been happy with my cheapie wide angle lately. Actually, I've never liked it. It was less than 100 bucks so that should tell me something. I did my sister's engagement photos in May and was horrified by the crispness of my shots. Or should I say the lack of crispness. Even my 50mm lens didn't give me great shots. This week I splurged and bought a new lens and it arrived today! Way wide angle! 17mm! It also stays at the f-stop at which I set it, and opens up to f2.8! No more changing of the aperture as I zoom in and out. yay!! As soon as it came I immediately slapped it on my camera and did some test shots against my other wide angle and my 50mm. So far so good. I have another suspicion about my un-sharp pictures. I am afraid my precious 10D is going the way of other 10Ds that were owned by friends. My pictures are getting soft. Its a Canon conspiracy. Don't you think expensive digital cameras should last longer than three years!!??
btw---taking pictures of myself in the mirror is harrrd.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

soooo happy for you!
loves me some new glass...especially GREAT glass!

8:07 AM, July 14, 2007  
Blogger Beehive Art Salon said...

Hey Marilyn--have you lost EVEN MORE weight? Your lens is cool, but you look fantastic!
Amanda

11:51 AM, July 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting around for a digital camera for kids that actually takes decent pictures and costs less than $100. Hey, and get over not liking to take pictures of yourself b/c if you look that good just aiming at the mirror, then you need to be doing it more often ;-)

10:56 AM, July 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I'm jealous. I hate my cheapie $100 55mm lens...it does not take good pictures. I don't know why people rave & rave about that lens. Anyway, love your new purchase! Congrats!

12:39 PM, July 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh congrats on the new lens...happy picture taking for ya now!! Hey BTW who's the babe with the way cute hair in the mirror?? Oh that's you dear and how pretty, pretty you look!! :D

8:33 AM, July 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home