Saturday, August 04, 2007

The one about the book cover


Artwork created on a 100 year old book cover for an "anything goes" swap in Club Creative. I have wanted to try something like this for awhile----putting elements together and not doing any painting, just assembling. Kinda like Anna Corba. I know my piece doesn't have that Anna Corba feel...I admire the way she can take old things and layer them together into something wonderful. Everything used here is old with the exception of the playing card. Cutting the hat from a playing card was something I got from Heather Simpson-Bluhm. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

This is lovely!!! you did a wonderful job putting the elements together!!!

11:51 PM, August 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooh, love the book cover! It may not be Anna Corba but it sure is as beautiful, if not more so ;-)
Thanks for the inspiration!

1:47 PM, August 05, 2007  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Hi Marilyn! I've nominated you for the "Nice Matters Award." Check out my post to learn more,
http://jeanneszewczyk.blogspot.com/2007/08/nice-matters.html

10:00 PM, August 05, 2007  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

How funny is it that I saw this post, started reading and then quickly ran off to check out Club Creative ( I applied by the way but I'm still waiting to hear if they will accept me) then i come back today and realize you have actually written about lil ole ME... talk about yer short attention spans...

xo

12:22 AM, August 07, 2007  
Blogger Freer Family said...

I love your book cover! Your artwork is so awesome and inspiring!

9:07 AM, August 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home