Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The one about the major award


Whenever I think of an award, I am reminded of the "Major Award" in A Christmas Story. You know, the lamp? (You can actually buy one here!! Red Rider Leg Lamps)
Funny!


I didn't get a lamp, but something better! My award comes from another blogger, Jeanne, who visits mine often and always leaves sweet comments. I'd nominate her if I could.


"This award will be awarded to those that are just nice people, good blog friends and those that inspire good feelings and inspiration! Those that care about others that are there to lend support or those that are just a positive influence in our blogging world!"


Here are my choices of nice people:


  • Amy Grendell ( i can only wish to be like her in so many aspects)
  • Bethany (she sent me an envelope of goodies..... out of the blue!)
  • Julie (Julie got me started in the mixed media group here locally and made me feel so welcome.)
  • Wanda (Wanda is just special. I want to meet her someday if only to give her a big hug!)
  • Kim (...and my good pal Kim, who planned the big stuff and fretted the small details to make sure I had a good time in AZ in June...and i did!!)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww...I'm so touched dear Marilyn... It's you who is the nice one in my book and I think about that every day I look around my studio and see lovely bits from the beautiful swap basket you sent. So glad you liked the pkg. of goodies...after this I think more might be on the way!! ;)

11:58 PM, August 08, 2007  
Blogger Wanda E. Santiago said...

You my friend are as special as they come. You have offered me your friendship and that in my book is number one. I love coming to your blog and being inspired by being me, you make it Ok for me to be me. I know it is hard to explain. I love those trims I want some. LOL Thank you for the honor you have made my whole year. Hugs Wanda

11:20 AM, August 09, 2007  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Congrats Marilyn. Jeanne nominated me too and I am so behind in my blogging. I just haven't felt up to it. I better get my list together. You'd be on it if you hadn't already been nominated!! Maybe you will be anyway ;)

12:09 PM, August 09, 2007  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Ha! I had to chuckle when I saw the pic of that leg lamp. I love that movie. And you are very welcome -no one deserves the Nice Matters award more than you, Marilyn!

10:06 PM, August 09, 2007  
Blogger Lain said...

You so deserve this!
And you totally made me crack up because I think the same thing. It's a running gag in our family.. then someone always says, "Fraa-jee-lay... must be Italian!"

Hehehehe.
xoxox
Lain

5:15 PM, August 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home