Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The one about out of the blue




Deb Silva started a fun game or swap or challenge or whatever you want to think of it. Out Of The Blue Mail Party. I was brought into it by Alicia in Spain, who invited me to play. I in turn got to invite two other people to play...and so it goes. I make art for Alicia, and also for the two that I invite. Here are two of the three pieces that I made; I still have one more to go.
The top one came together really easy---I just seemed to have all the parts out right where I could easily grab them. The orange painted book paper with the hole cut into it was a scrap. (i love scraps the best---I never seem to throw anything away anymore, unfortunately, afraid that I might need it later.) It was so cool to find that orange and blue postage stamp.
The second one is titled "Constellation" and was kind of a mess. Well, it's a mess to me. :P Not sure that I like it---there isn't enough order to the messiness. I must have order somewhere in the chaos.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

marilyn you always impress me with your work!!! they are both very beautiful! i would love to just hang out with you while your creating and watch the process!

8:06 PM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger Anastasia said...

both pieces are fantastic!! love your work!
sounds like a fun swap!

8:13 PM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

i love both pieces- amazing!!!

8:58 AM, August 23, 2007  
Blogger Vintage Papers said...

beautiful work!

5:47 AM, August 24, 2007  
Blogger Catherine said...

Wow, love the texture and everything on these! My fav is the first one!

7:52 AM, August 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love 'em both...there's nothing like a good messy piece of art. Of course, compared to my messes your piece is very orderly. LOL! Fab stuff!

1:38 PM, August 24, 2007  
Blogger Helle Greer said...

What a great idea...
Love your art, and I like the second one.
Smiles,
helle

12:09 AM, August 26, 2007  
Blogger Beehive Art Salon said...

beautiful marilyn! Do I recognize those beads??? I love the orange and blue contrast...

10:43 PM, August 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home