Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The one about Serenity


I finished this card last night, so this wraps up the swap I am in and I'll be sending this off tomorrow. I got mine back a couple weeks ago. I am kinda sad it's over. This card is for Ruth. I had a totally different idea in mind for this card. As I scanned it in and looked at it, I realized it looks like it is showing on her. Doh! The word serenity came to mind so I went with that. I guess I could even say her name is Serenity, huh? The illustration is awesome!! It's from a book of poetry from 1899 (wow!) that is full of these kinds of drawings! They are my favorite. I added chalk to her dress because she was looking a little pale against that background.

6 Comments:

Blogger Beehive Art Salon said...

I love this card marilyn! I especially like the white paint spray in the background. How are you coming on the ATC swap for Twilight? I have some ideas swimming around in my mind, but haven't committed to anything yet. Something dark, definitely......
amanda

5:14 PM, September 25, 2007  
Blogger paige said...

just lovely!
& the wedding image below is fabulous!

7:42 AM, September 26, 2007  
Blogger Babsarella said...

Beautiful!!!

7:27 AM, September 27, 2007  
Blogger Lee Weber said...

so pretty!

8:38 AM, September 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I can't wait to meet you at the art group Thursday night!!!
The card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

7:14 PM, October 15, 2007  
Blogger Ruth Rae said...

I adore my card!
and I must say that this was a fun little swap and so easy becuse of the size. I have to add my card to Liz's then I will be done as well.

7:10 PM, October 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home