Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The one about my Raven


This came in the mail yesterday---bought him on eBay. I have wanted one of these for a while now. It took me several years to find one that I liked. It is a little startling actually, to see him sitting there in the living room before realizing he's fake. About ten years ago I saw a stuffed one in a museum in Mesa Verde, Colorado. That one was so big and black and beautiful and cool-looking. Mine is just for Halloween. I am sure I would be thought of as weird if I left him out all year (and he'd get dusty and I hate to dust).

7 Comments:

Blogger Beehive Art Salon said...

Spooky! Great picture...I was at Target the other day and almost bought one, definitely not as cool as this one! see you tonight!
amanda

8:28 AM, October 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's so cool!
love this wicked side of you!

5:41 PM, October 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's so cool!
love this wicked side of you!

5:41 PM, October 18, 2007  
Blogger Rose Garden Romantic said...

Love your new Raven! I would be tempted to leave him out all year long because he is so cool! He's so perfect sitting upon the old stacked books!
Michelle

8:25 AM, October 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Marilyn!

I just have to say that you are a wonderful photographer! This is a talent I do not possess and truly admire in others. I love browsing through your posts to see all the wonderful images! Thanks so much for sharing!

4:33 PM, October 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nevermore...
LOVE IT!

8:12 AM, October 20, 2007  
Blogger Laura Bray said...

I've got one perched on my bookcase right now. I love yours!

9:54 AM, October 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home