Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The one about my earrings


I used to think making jewelry looked so very boring! Last month I bought a few things to make some earrings for quick gifts (or so I thought). Now I am hooked. I really don't remember when I changed my mind, though. I was in and out of Michael's that day with the materials to make the earrings. Next thing I know, I am shopping Etsy for more stuff! I think my friend Rena asked me if I was just dating, or something like that, when she saw I was playin' with beads. It made me laugh. I'll have to ask her what it was she said, exactly.

I make earrings late in the evenings while watching Ghost Hunters. Of course, all my jewelry has to have that vintage look. :) If my metal materials aren't antiqued or oxidized already, I do it myself. :)

So, to introduce my designs, and since it's my birthday this month, I am having kind of a sale at Etsy. I'll be 25 again this year, so all my earrings are 25 percent off thru the month of December. Place your order, put BIRTHDAY in the "Message from the buyer" section when checking out, but do not pay until I send you a revised paypal invoice reflecting the sale price.

Since I'm talking jewelry, I want this bracelet. hee hee



9 Comments:

Blogger Lee Weber said...

Oh, those are pretty. Boy, the crafty addiction just keep growing, huh?

2:07 PM, December 05, 2007  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Love the earrings.. you forgot to giver your check out code ;)

Off to check out the etsy shop

2:48 PM, December 05, 2007  
Blogger Bethany said...

They really are lovely! I've checked them out and think it's so great that you are having fun making them, too!

7:35 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Kristi said...

So pretty, Mare!

How do you make your metal look more vintage- paint or what do you use?

I would like the twilight bracelet sans the Jacob representation.

12:23 PM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Zoe said...

I am impressed at your talent!! That is awesome that you have found a new love. My husband hates it when that happens to me!! He he he!

I didn't know that such a bracelet existed!!!! I am going to have to inform a few of my girlfriends. They will be overjoyed!! :)

10:13 PM, December 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marilyn!
When I saw you at our last art group making jewelry I was surprised because I knew you didn't like jewelry making. And so I asked you about your new found obsession: "Are you in love, or just dating?!"

Love, LOVE your pieces...

Love, Rena

10:47 PM, December 07, 2007  
Blogger janna said...

beautiful earrings!

4:35 PM, December 08, 2007  
Blogger Beehive Art Salon said...

They're gorgeous marilyn!! Maybe you can do a demonstration at art group one time next year! You have such great taste...
amanda
ps. I figured out white balance yesterday and it's changed my life! why didn't you tell me about it before!

5:27 PM, December 09, 2007  
Blogger Ruth Rae said...

your earrings are so wonderful!
making jewelry can become addicting :)

8:03 AM, December 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home