Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The one about the new year



Austin had been bugging me for weeks to get some Martinelli's for New Years Eve. He thought it was cool drinking the last little bit from the bottle. Then he asked if he could go outside and break the bottle. um...no.
I bought a new calendar today for the fridge and got out my Designing With 2008 calendar so I am all set. I drank too many Coke Zeros tonight (they are just so yummy!!!) and can't go to sleep so here I am.
Have been thinking about 2007 and some highlights of the year for me. (in no particular order)
  • Taught at Sparkle Bella with Teresa McFayden, Kim Kwan and Carolyn Peeler.
  • quit using Aquanet hairspray. LOL
  • Visited Hawaii for the first time.
  • Lost nearly 30 pounds.
  • Became a part of a wonderful circle of local mixed media artists. Love those ladies! They are a blessing.
  • Started an Etsy shop
  • Quit Curves and joined Contours Express. SO much better for many reasons! I have a hint of square shoulders for the first time EVER.
  • taught art twice in Savannah's first grade class.

I am not a new year's resolutions kind of person....you can start a new goal at ANY time, I figure.

In 2008 I want to:

  • Be even more involved in my kids' classrooms, since Amelia will be starting Kindergarten (yeah for that!!) and I won't need to haul her around with me to their classes, which is not fun (whole 'nother story) LOL.
  • Lose 35 more pounds. I'm gonna do it--I have to.
  • Start scrapbooking again. I have so many memories and photos piled up. It's disgraceful.
  • Get a handle on my cluttered house and disorganized life (i'm a train wreck!!), like I USED TO BE before we moved five years ago. sheesh!
  • and a few more personal things I don't wish to share here ;)

8 Comments:

Blogger Zoe said...

Wow - sounds like Austin is a wild one!! LOL! I love your goals . . . and the ones that you have accomplished. I need to lose some major weight this year. Ughh! I don't think that starting the new year off with a breakfast of scones was the right thing to do though!! :) Oh well, like you said, we can start a new goal at any time! :)

9:49 AM, January 01, 2008  
Blogger Kim Caldwell said...

Going to Sparkle Bella and taking a class from you is one of my highlights for 2007! I love that you listed what you were happy about in 2007 and not just what you want to change for 2008. It is such a healthier way to look at life. Thanks for that!

4:42 PM, January 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you accomplished a lot in 2007! I hope 2008 is even more fruitful for you. I've been thinking I need to do some scrapbooking again. It has taken me maybe 3 years to be able to look at my albums and love everything in there. It would be fun to start again--just for me, you know? Happy 2008! ;-)

7:20 AM, January 03, 2008  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

I still need to sit down and do my list if "goals" for 2008. Its hard when you have the littles at home, as you know.
Your to do list sounds good, and manageable. I need to be more organized too!

1:05 PM, January 03, 2008  
Blogger Freer Family said...

Congrats on the weight loss! That is fantastic. I was a member of the Contours Express here and loved but they went out of business. I was pretty bummed about that.

That photo of Austin is a crack-up!

3:16 PM, January 03, 2008  
Blogger Zoe said...

PS - tonight I went over to a friends house and we were drinking some Martinelli's. As I was opening the bottle I thought of your son. I shared the story with them about the bottle and they all thought that it was cute!

10:44 PM, January 06, 2008  
Blogger buttafly said...

Hey Marilyn! I got out my own little tip-a-day calendar and it is so fun to wake up to. I think it will help me to expand my scrapbooking!!! Thanks so much for it, and the buttons. I haven't had a chance yet to start the book, but I have heard it is a good series. Thanks again!!

1:43 PM, January 11, 2008  
Blogger Donna Layton said...

Good for you Marilyn!! Your talent undoubtedly insures success in anything you do!

7:50 PM, January 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home