The one about the new year
Austin had been bugging me for weeks to get some Martinelli's for New Years Eve. He thought it was cool drinking the last little bit from the bottle. Then he asked if he could go outside and break the bottle. um...no.
I bought a new calendar today for the fridge and got out my Designing With 2008 calendar so I am all set. I drank too many Coke Zeros tonight (they are just so yummy!!!) and can't go to sleep so here I am.
Have been thinking about 2007 and some highlights of the year for me. (in no particular order)
- Taught at Sparkle Bella with Teresa McFayden, Kim Kwan and Carolyn Peeler.
- quit using Aquanet hairspray. LOL
- Visited Hawaii for the first time.
- Lost nearly 30 pounds.
- Became a part of a wonderful circle of local mixed media artists. Love those ladies! They are a blessing.
- Started an Etsy shop
- Quit Curves and joined Contours Express. SO much better for many reasons! I have a hint of square shoulders for the first time EVER.
- taught art twice in Savannah's first grade class.
I am not a new year's resolutions kind of person....you can start a new goal at ANY time, I figure.
In 2008 I want to:
- Be even more involved in my kids' classrooms, since Amelia will be starting Kindergarten (yeah for that!!) and I won't need to haul her around with me to their classes, which is not fun (whole 'nother story) LOL.
- Lose 35 more pounds. I'm gonna do it--I have to.
- Start scrapbooking again. I have so many memories and photos piled up. It's disgraceful.
- Get a handle on my cluttered house and disorganized life (i'm a train wreck!!), like I USED TO BE before we moved five years ago. sheesh!
- and a few more personal things I don't wish to share here ;)