Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The one about Moms




I found out today that a neighbor had died early this morning. It was a such a sad thing since she was so young. I feel just awful for her husband and her sweet little kids I just cried so many times today. This must be the worst day of their lives. She died suddenly from complications associated with her pregnancy and even worse, the baby didn't survive. I've had a heavy heart all day.
So I found it rather weird to be posting the book I made about being a mom. I had photographed it a few weeks ago when I got it back from
Sharon Soneff. She had contacted me late fall of 2006 about contributing to her newest book, Art Journals and Creative Healing: Restoring the Spirit Through Self-Expression. Such a beautiful book full of art journals and such. My project was about my struggles as a mom. Its pretty embarrassing to even say it out loud--I am afraid one would think I didn't like my kids. That's not the case--but man, do I ever struggle. And I feel guilty about it. Hey, ya know what? I never believed writing stuff down would help--but it did! I am sure I came across as whiny.
I uploaded all the pics to
my flickr stream.
(this is really cool---so many of the elements on the book's cover are from my little project. It must be my time for covers. i should enjoy it while it lasts, huh?)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart is feeling sad because of your news. Life can be hard.

Take care. You are a good soul.

9:31 AM, April 02, 2008  
Blogger Lee Weber said...

Oh, Marilyn- so sorry to her about your neighbor!! What a terrible thing! I, too, struggle with being a parent. It's such a hard job. I love your book- you know you're my farvorite!! hugs- Lee

1:31 PM, April 02, 2008  
Blogger debra said...

what a sad and tragic thing to happen. take care.

7:01 PM, April 02, 2008  
Blogger Lucy Edson said...

This is a beautiful project! I so know what you mean about the struggles of parenting. I think it makes you stronger to admit that you aren't a perfect parent, because no one is. You are no alone in this.

So sorry to hear about your neighbor. We never know how fortunate we are, do we?

9:53 PM, April 02, 2008  
Blogger buttafly said...

Awe, that is so sad about your neighbor. I think it just really reaches out to us because we are mothers too, and it really could happen to anyone, you know? I feel so bad for the family, this must be one of the most difficult things a family can go through.

10:21 PM, April 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sad about your neighbor! I love your book. It took a peek on Flickr. I can relate to your feelings too...I too struggle with my kiddos, but it doesn't mean I don't love 'em and love being their Mom. Yesterday was one of those struggling days. So don't feel alone in your feelings! Hugs!

7:36 AM, April 03, 2008  
Blogger Sanja said...

what a great project!!beautiful work!

1:42 AM, April 06, 2008  
Blogger Laura Bray said...

Such sad news about your neighbor. Love the book. As you know, I understand the mother struggle all too well!

11:09 AM, April 16, 2008  
Blogger Judy said...

Your page,sometimes i wanna hide is brilliant - it is uncomplex (compliments) but so powerful - I bought the book because of your piece, i found it so inspiring. Awaiting the books arrival.

Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Judy

3:42 PM, May 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home