Monday, January 25, 2010

The one about Amelia's art journals

In my art group meeting last Thursday, we worked in our art journals, and did Amanda's version of Mary Ann Moss's sewn paper scraps art journals. Above is my spread that I did in a sketchbook. I focused on my daughter's drawings. I pasted in a drawing of her favorite character, Me-me, who is drowning in a chocolate river. Apparently she had done this sketch after seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. lol
Not to discount the artistic abilities of my other kids, but I tend to harp on Amelia's talent because she is so free and expressive and creative! Things I struggle with.
Below is a pile of some of Amelia's little books she is constantly making by stapling together (I always find my stapler in her room) and filling with drawings.

If you are having trouble reading Amelia's words in her art, it is because she is an amazing phonetic speller and is constantly getting frustrated by the real spellings of the English language. lol


I had Amelia add little drawings here and there to this spread. :) it was fun!




14 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

The thought of Amelia making all of those little books fills me with such joy!!!!

6:19 PM, January 25, 2010  
Blogger paperbird said...

I love Amelia's book- I love how uninhibited children are with their art. I loved the journal class- wish we could have stayed longer. So fun that you are blogging again :)

4:22 PM, January 26, 2010  
Blogger Maija said...

Amelia is so delightful!! What a joy it must be to watch her create!
I also took Mary Ann's class and I am crazy for the journals!!

6:10 PM, January 26, 2010  
Anonymous decorating fabric said...

Beautiful drawings very colorful, I like it. Especially when you know it’s your Child’s work of art.

3:40 AM, January 28, 2010  
Anonymous Boracay hotel said...

Aw! This is so sweet! I love your journal very pretty.

3:41 AM, January 28, 2010  
Blogger Lee Weber said...

Her drawings are so fun, and you did a great job on the layout!

6:49 AM, January 31, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

2:48 AM, February 02, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:22 AM, February 08, 2010  
Blogger Beehive Art Salon said...

These pages turned out so great! It was really cool to watch you create these..you are so talented, Marilyn..

10:01 PM, February 09, 2010  
Blogger Cami said...

Bu-ta-ful!

9:02 AM, February 10, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

5:49 AM, February 15, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love,love,love your blog! Such an amazing site and your artwork is so very inspiring!

3:47 PM, May 01, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great journal spread! It is so very lush and rich! Love it!!

3:59 PM, September 06, 2010  
Blogger Magda said...

Fantastic!
First time I`m looking at your blog and I will stay longer.

8:25 AM, October 17, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home