Friday, September 14, 2007

The one about being somewhat mysterious


Don't you just love it when something comes together without much effort? And its something you end up liking?


I needed to make a card for Liz's folder (in our spirit card swap). I already had a failed card that was painted with black and white paint, so I covered that with dressmakers tissue. I saw this snippet of a photo on my messy desk so I added it to the edge of the card. The hand-dyed ribbons were sitting in the messiness, too. And I went with more small punched stars. I like those.


Be somewhat mysterious.

9 Comments:

Blogger Donna Layton said...

Man, I'll say this card worked! I really love it. I have been so out of the zone lately. I'm starting to feel those familiar creative tugs. Love that feeling.

11:07 AM, September 14, 2007  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Its a gorgeous happy accident. I love it! Great.. love the stars too ;)

3:41 PM, September 14, 2007  
Blogger Tammy Gilley said...

I love the way this came together! So fun!!

3:43 PM, September 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, yes, love it. Love how you cropped the girl...makes it more mysterious.

6:23 PM, September 14, 2007  
Blogger Lee Weber said...

very cool!

6:50 PM, September 14, 2007  
Blogger Lain said...

Ooh, I love this!

8:17 PM, September 14, 2007  
Blogger Vintage Papers said...

this is very clever! and mysterious! :)

5:41 AM, September 15, 2007  
Blogger paru's_circle said...

u ROCK!

10:32 PM, September 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, loved the first one, but this one takes my breath away. love the colors and those little tiny stars......just perfect. love the detail of the eyelets attaching the ribbons.
perfect in every way.

1:45 PM, September 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home