Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The one about another background



This one is a huge 16" x 20". I like canvases big. I like art to be big. I won't buy small art, either. Of course this one has been started even though I never finished anything beyond the background on the last project. Maybe I should just stick to backgrounds, huh?
I used strips of different book papers with layers of gel medium, gesso, and watercolor crayons scrubbed into the edges and crevices, after I washed the color into the surface, let it pool and dry. fun! I do have more planned for this one still!

6 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

Thats beautiful! Backgrounds seem to be your thing. Maybe you can make them into papers and sell? *hint - hint* lol

7:50 AM, October 04, 2007  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I've seen this technique done before and I love the results. Great texture!

4:42 PM, October 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh!
great stuff int he works here!
i LOVE watercolor crayons! so much fun to play with...much more so than oil, i think!

5:46 PM, October 04, 2007  
Blogger Sherri said...

I love it...can't wait to see what else you will do on it. I am trying my hand at this sort of layering on small pieces, but it is harder than it looks--so I totally appreciate how much work you put into this large piece

10:04 PM, October 04, 2007  
Blogger Laura Bray said...

Backgrounds are always a challenge for me-so is working big-so I'm wildly impressed!

10:01 AM, October 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That background is beyond gorgeous!!!

11:23 AM, October 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home